Mike Hodge knows what’s important to working members because he is one. He knows first-hand the challenges we face and has a no-nonsense approach to getting things done, no matter how tough. I’ve always counted on Mike’s leadership because he comes through for NY members time and again. If I were a New York member, I’d be voting for Mike Hodge as president.
Early next year we begin contract talks for Film, TV, Cable, and New Media and no one will fight harder to protect actors than Mike Hodge and USAN. Their integrity and commitment make them a valuable asset not just for New Yorkers, but for all SAG-AFTRA members. They are the leaders I trust.
–SAG-AFTRA National Co-President Ken Howard
USAN: EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP IN ACTION
- We’ll negotiate strong contracts in Cable and New Media — because performers must be paid fairly in these growing areas.
- We’re committed to the safe, swift merger of our benefits — and we’ll appoint trustees who will make it happen.
- We’ll create more NY jobs — USAN pioneered the NY tax incentives.
- We’ll organize more union work — we helped create the online Production Center resulting in thousands of jobs for NY actors.
- We’ll fight the spread of non-union commercials — the Spanish language market is a gold mine we must capture.
- We’ll enforce all SAG-AFTRA contracts — employers must respect us.
- We’ll protect your dues dollars — we won’t back away from tough financial decisions.
- We’ll spearhead legislation to regulate predatory businesses — we’ll protect background actors.
Diverse, Proven, Effective. USAN is the team you can trust.